Just like many of you, I used to dread mornings, and I hated 8 o’clock classes more than anything. It’s definitely hard getting out of a cozy bed in the morning but we have to do it. Since there’s a no way out, and we have to do it anyway, why can’t we make this process more bearable and actually enjoy it? Yup that’s what I am talking about! Lets’ have some fun and do what we need to do! 🙂
Sharing some tips on how to become a morning person:
- Make a routine– Try to get up around the same time every morning. This is extremely important because first thing is to have the motivation to get up. So you have to make a decision and a plan to wake up whatever time that works for you or goes with your schedule, and STICK to it. Consistency is the key guys! Be consistent with your morning routine because just like anything it’s a habit and trust me because in a few days it will become a second nature to you. Another thing that’s helped me the most is going to bed early. When you get enough rest and sleep throughout the night even your body will be naturally ready to wake up in the morning.
- Drink some water- Drinking water first thing in the morning helps to wake you up and energize your body. Personally, I can’t even move without drinking some water in the morning. So I make sure to have a bottle of water beside my bed the night before. I am more likely to drink the water if it’s available to me and this will just speed up the process of getting up.. Also, open up the windows and curtains to get some natural light in. Natural light has such an amazing effect on our mind and body that it will definitely help to wake you up.
- Quick stretch or work out- Depending on your schedule work out or quickly stretch your body . I know it can be really hard for some of you to make some time for a work out in the morning but at least try to do some exercise, it doesn’t have to be an intense work out because even a simple stretch can help your body working and take you a long way.
- Optimism and Set intentions– Think some positive and happy thoughts along with setting the intentions and goals for the day. If you know me then you know how strong I am about having a positive attitude. Yes, it works all the time and having some positive affirmations for the day will help you to have a positive day because “Either you run the day or the day will run you.” So try to control your thoughts and fill your mind with optimism.
- Healthy Breakfast: Finally, treat yourself with some super yummy healthy and delicious breakfast. As we may have all heard that breakfast is one of the most important meal of the day, there’s so much truth to it. It is so vital to nourish your body with proper nutrients before you get ready for the day and start working because you don’t want to get distracted with your stomach growling while you are concentrated on your work. So make sure your breakfast consists of proper carbs, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.